The Creative World Of Daisy

Looking at the world through not-so rose tinted glasses

My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Life is for living, so lets get creative!

Monday, May 23, 2005

I'm Back!!!

But only for a week then I'm off up to the west mids for a course!! Although I'm a little sick of living in hotels already!!

Conference was very good. Very interesting debates. Got loads of free stuff too from all the exhibitors. Hundreds of pens!! LOL!! I also went to the Dr Who exhibition in Blackpool (unfortunately all the current series stuff that was meant to be installed by Thursday afternoon, but had been postponed a week) and went to see
Funny Girls on Thursday night (a fantastic drag queen cabaret show or as the ticket says "The internationally acclaimed Burlesque Showbar"). It was one of the best stage shows I've ever seen and I highly recommend it!! Certainly the best thing in Blackpool!! Hotel wasn't bad and the food was nice. Think I've put on weight from it all though - fried breakfasts and 3 course dinners!!

TKD training camp should have been hard going for me seeing as I've not been for 6 months, but it wasn't that bad! We did 4 sessions training over 2 days. Saturday afternoon's session involved a 2 mile run to the beach in the rain followed by training and games on the beach, for which the sun came out. Managed to avoid being thrown in the sea for the 2nd year in a row! Just made it back to the chalet before a massive thunder storm and the sky's opening up. Unfortunately not everyone was as lucky!! There were quite a few coming back soaked to the skin!! Saw Hicthhikers guide to the galaxy last night at Butlins cinema. Was very good!! Well worth seeing again!

Anyway, I'm relieved to be home as I'm knackered with all these late nights drinking!! A special thank you to Mike for loaning me his portable DVD - it was very handy - and to Mark for Cowboy Bebop.

Not sure if it's worth unpacking my bag though . . .

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home